Don't advertise on Facebook? You will be left behind.
With Facebook being in the news last year, some are doubting if they should still look into Facebook Advertising. According to a new survey by social media examiner, 10% of small business owners are currently advertising on Facebook and 90% believe that it is not worth it.
But as marketing continues to move forward, if you aren't including Facebook then you will be left behind. Here are some reasons why your small business needs Facebook Ads.
1. Facebook advertising is focused on your ideal client
With hundreds of ways to target your audience by you are able to focus on advertising only to people you know are interested in you and your business.
Some of those targeting options include:
Connections to specific Facebook pages
and this information is all collected from the users themselves! Every time you do anything on Facebook, it is safe to assume that Facebook has stored that information. With that stored information you can then focus down your group as detailed or as broad as you would like.
2. 1/5th of the world is on Facebook.
Although usually the "everyone is doing it" is not normally a good reason to do something - when it comes to Facebook - it is. That means you have the ability to market to over 300 million people.
Here are some pretty surprising statistics about Facebook:
- 72% of online US adults visit Facebook at least one a month
- 968 million people use Facebook every day
- Users spend 20+ minutes on Facebook per day
- Facebook accounts for 15.8% of total time spent on the internet
- Facebook receives 1 trillion page views per month
- 11 million people use Facebook every 18 minutes
- Facebook adds 7,246 users every 15 minute and 9 users per second
- Facebook can reach more customers than the super bowl every day for a fraction of the cost
There is no question that there are people on Facebook that are interested in your business. All you need to do is find them.
3. Facebook has buying decision influence
47% of Americans say Facebook is their number 1 influencer according to Social Media guru Jeff Bullas. Other Facebook statistics show:
- 4 in 10 social media users have bought a product after “liking” or favoriting on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest
- Facebook leads the way as the network with the highest effect on purchasing decisions, with 30.8% of consumers saying it influences them more than any other platform
-74% of consumers rely on social networks to guide purchase decisions
- Facebook is the most effective platform to get consumers talking about products
- 71% of people are more likely to purchase something based on a social media referral
- 81% of consumers say that posts from friends directly influence their buying decisions
- 38% of moms are more apt to purchase from brands that other women “like” on Facebook.
Facebook is able to guide our purchasing decisions because it is social. We value the opinions of friends and family. When we are on Facebook, they leverage this social proof in their ads when possible
Need more reasons to use Facebook ads? How about these?
- Facebook Advertising is currently the cheapest form of advertising.
- Facebook Advertising gets you faster results then other types of advertising
- Advertising on Facebook increases your brand awareness and offline word-of-mouth sales
- Facebook Advertising increases traffic to your web site.
- You can measure your Return on Investment in real time
- Facebook ads drive offline sales and and website visitors
- Facebook increase your edge on advertising as it is still not being done but a lot of businesses
- Facebook advertising is mobile